Whistle While you Work


I can't believe that I put this off for so long. Between Aaron and my childhoods, we just couldn't agree on a game plan for chores and frankly I was too lazy to let me kids clean, because it was so much faster and easier to do it myself at night.
Anyway, I had already decided that we would start on Saturday - and then at Enrichment night learned even more tricks and suggestions to help, so I was prepared. We normally would get up and clean first thing on Saturday, but since we went to the circus we just thought we would post-pone for this week. Not so. The kids had already seen the chore charts and were so excited to actually clean that despite how tired we all were - as soon as we got home the kids wanted to clean.
For a long time Dominick has loved to clean the toilet and bathtub, but I always hesitated (which was stupid, I know). So, he wanted those and others. Each one gets to pick 5 chores and we help supervise and assist when needed (and finish or correct later if required). The really great thing was, that our kids are awesome cleaners - and were upset when the chores were done and they didn't have any left (even bringing Kambree to tears wanting to do more:).
Here are some pictures of the very successful first chore day and let's hope for many many more successful day's to come!


2 Comments:
Wow, that place is shining! If they are sad next time the chores run out, feel free to send them to my home...there's lots to do here! I guess it's time to get Abi more involved in the cleaning than she already is.
Woohoo! Look at those clean windows!!
Post a Comment
<< Home