Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite







Last Sunday afternoon we braved the elements (again) and went down to the beach, where you can always find a breeze and flew kites! This was actually my first experience really flying kites. I am sure that I attempted as a kid, but really don't have any memories of going.

Anyway, I got these sweet kites at Costco and the kids were so excited to take the first trip. After finally getting them put together they took flight and it was so much fun. Seriously, I could not stop flying them (even with kids screaming in the background - I felt like a child again). Aaron had a little tougher time flying them than myself (probably because I am a natural) and was so funny to listen to - he makes me laugh all the time!

Dominick thought it was fun to fly and all, but mostly he just wanted to chase the kite around and wait for it to drop so that he could through it up agian - you can see that he ran out of gas by the end.

I can't wait to go again - and risking sounding like a broken record, when it is warmer outside!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

We'll have to get our kite out that we got last summer and come fly some kites with you guys, looks like lots of fun!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

they look like so much fun.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Good idea about the beach and wind. We'll have to try that.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

So I realize this is the lamest way to get a message to someone, but here I go. I can't get my phone to make outcalls, I am only getting through if someone calls me. Promise I am not trying to avoid you! The best way to get ahold of me would probably be to email me at lindseywstokes@gmail.com
Sorry about this-I hope you get this before you give up on getting ahold of me!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home