Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Scripture Power


During the morning session of Conference on Sunday, there was a story told (can't remember by who) and I am embarrassed that I don't remember the whole story. Anyway, this member was relating her blessings of paying tithing. She had said it blessed her business and blessed them with enough food to eat, and then she said that the biggest blessing was that her kids loved the Gospel.

I immediately thought of my kids. They have really started to love the scriptures (and will NOT let us go to bed without reading them together every night) as well as Family Home Evening, tithing and all of the stories we talk about and they learn about at church. For everything that happens in our lives we have a scripture story to relate it to - and the kids are usually the ones to relate the stories.

The other day while doing laundry, I found Kambree by my bed reading my scriptures out loud (obviously in her own words:). It was such a humbling sight to see her and know that she loves the Gospel and already is developing her testimony. Dominick loves this Gospel so much too, and is constantly telling Kambree about the scriptures and answering questions she asks while reading them - oh, and is always a Stripling Warrior in battles!

It really is one of the greatest blessings to know that your children love and live the gospel - now I just have to figure out how to make sure they never stray!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Rees Family said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and writing. I love hearing about what you are doing. I feel like a failure at FHE, and such--I could use tips. Very cute pictures! We Love You Tiffany Rees

9:08 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Personally - I credit the excellent Primary teachers... :)

4:51 PM  
Blogger The Cochran Family said...

THis is sooo sweet. It's funny. I've been thinking the same thing about Ryan. He's 5. I an do this right? It really started with Wife Swap and watching all these millitant moms having thier young children clean tons. So I decided I could train Ryan to do something??? So this is good to hear. WHat were the tips you learned in RS? I stock your blog form time to time so If it's ok with you can I just add you to my page :) I don't want to loose touch with you!

7:42 AM  
Blogger The Goughs said...

Hey Mo! I think the gospel any way to look at it is the greatest blessing of our lives and what way to make us happier as parents then to have our children accept the gospel for themselves. That is a neat phase to enter. How are you doing? Do I need to invite you to my blog again? I haven't had any comments from you so I'm not sure if you seen it. Let me know. Anyway, Carrie said that you are moving to Chicago???? I need an update.

10:10 AM  
Blogger katie and heidi said...

Hi it's Darleen friend Heidi--we met after the circus. I wanted to ask you about the focus groups you do in CT. Can you email me your #? Thanks bitsofnonsense@gmail.com

Sorry this is totally off topic of your lovely post. it was the only way I could figure out to contact you.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home