We Are Beach Bums!
I am sure that most of you readers (or at least glancers) of our blog are getting pretty tired of seeing us in our bathing suits. Not to worry, only two more months of summer weather - then we'll put our clothes back on! Seriously though, we can't get enough of the beach. Yesterday we took the kids and met up with some friends down at Jones Beach on Long Island. We wanted to take them down there to see "real waves" because all they have ever seen have been little ones on the Long Island Sound (which I happen to like a little better)! Either way, it was such an awesome day. As you can see Dominick wasted no time jumping in those enormous waves. First thing, as we neared the water (Dominick and Aaron were walking farther ahead of us slow women) I see Dominick start running back to me with the look of "Oh crap, I forgot something" but when he reaches me with the biggest eyes I have ever seen on him he screams "Mom, you have to see this - those waves are so huge"! It was so cute, and he was so excited.
Here are a bunch of pictures of our day, and how much fun we had. Again, Dominick had to be dragged from the water (then he finally realized that he was hungry - after five hours with nothing but little water breaks).

Kambree started out a little timid, but soon found those waves to be such a rush. She actually kept pushing Aaron and I away because she wanted to "do it myself". Although she seemed pretty happy when Dad grabbed her as the pull of the wave started sweeping her away.


Kambree was even nice enough to let me take a nap with her. Luckily our friends were nice enough to watch Dominick while Aaron and the other dads went body surfing. Dominick even gave it a try (with dad's help of course).

As the day went on and the tide went out, the kids started to play in the wet sand because there was a host of sea life to be found below the surface. Dominick and Kambree were helping Dane grab hand fulls of sand looking for the little creatures.
This picture was how the day ended - ice cream sandwiches on the porch while mom and dad clean the car and put everything away (oh the life of a kid)!

If we stay in the area, I can actually see this happening one day - crazy!!!
Here are a bunch of pictures of our day, and how much fun we had. Again, Dominick had to be dragged from the water (then he finally realized that he was hungry - after five hours with nothing but little water breaks).

Kambree started out a little timid, but soon found those waves to be such a rush. She actually kept pushing Aaron and I away because she wanted to "do it myself". Although she seemed pretty happy when Dad grabbed her as the pull of the wave started sweeping her away.

Kambree was even nice enough to let me take a nap with her. Luckily our friends were nice enough to watch Dominick while Aaron and the other dads went body surfing. Dominick even gave it a try (with dad's help of course).
As the day went on and the tide went out, the kids started to play in the wet sand because there was a host of sea life to be found below the surface. Dominick and Kambree were helping Dane grab hand fulls of sand looking for the little creatures.
This picture was how the day ended - ice cream sandwiches on the porch while mom and dad clean the car and put everything away (oh the life of a kid)!
If we stay in the area, I can actually see this happening one day - crazy!!!


1 Comments:
Hey Mo!
It looks as though you have had a fun filled summer. Aside from the fact that you were in Utah and didn't contact me, which I obviously can't believe. I need you to email me an invite again for your blog. I need to save it to my laptop at home (I am at work). Miss you and hope all is well. It appears that it is :)
have you looked at my blog? you need an invite to that too so when you send yours I will send mine.
Love you,
Butchie
Post a Comment
<< Home