Thanksgiving 2006

Dominick and his new favorite toy - Baby Dane

This was his activity for most of the day on Friday (you can't see the t.v. that he is watching).

At Thanksgiving dinner, Kambree drug this dog around everywhere and tried to bring him home too.

Kambree was so cute holding her baby on Friday.

Kambree has never been afraid to let her hair down and relax.
This Thanksgiving was the most soggy one I can remember. It rained literally all day long here. Not to worry, it kept the helping hands of Aaron at home, and not on the football field! I am really glad that we did not have a bigger assignment this year as well, as we started the day with Kambree breaking out in a rash all over her belly and back. So, off to the doctor for me and baby. After they convinced me it was just an allergic reaction (they didn't really convince me) we left with only a dose of Benadryl, and the assurance it would go away as quick as it appeared. We went to the Martinez's house, and it was so relaxing and fun. It was a bit different for Dominick being the oldest child there (by 2 1/2 years). He was so great with all of the babies - most of the time, unless they wanted the toys or slide!! Anyway, he has taken a particular liking to our friends 5 month old little boy Dane. He loves on that baby non-stop whenever we are with them. He tells me daily that he need Dane to come over to our house. He really is so cute with him, and really soft and kind (I guess a year can really change a boy). Aaron was asked to carve the turkey, and we all sat around and watched our Fantasy Football players play games.
On Friday, we were lazy lazy lazy! After realizing that Kambree's supposed allergic reaction was on her face now, we had to call the Doctor again. I waited, not wanting to return to the Immediate Care for her real Doctor to call. Right away they knew what it was, and consoled me with the assurance that Roseola is harmless and will go away. We did venture out to the stores around 2:00, and even then, it was a crazy mess. We didn't have to wait in rediculous lines, though, because we just went to look!
Funny words from Dominick:
On Thanksgiving, Dominick had a plate with a little bit of everything. He ate 5 olives, a roll and then said "Mom, I don't like that, I don't like that, I don't like those and I don't like that." Almost in the same breath he said "I'm all done, now I want apple pie." I barely had two bites at this point, but we got him his pie - two bites into his pie, "I don't like those apple things, I am all done."
Yesterday (don't tell Aaron I am telling you this) Dominick was brushing his teeth, and Dad, after returning from a brutal flag football match leaving him vertually crippled, came to use the bathroom. He proceeded to sit down and go to the bathroom. Dominick asked if he was going "number 2" Dad said "no, keep brushing your teeth." Dominick quickly shot back "but Dad, pee pee doesn't come out of our bum."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home