Hollywood Here I Come
I never thought it was possible, but I know now that even a four year old can fool me. Dominick's day today was a comedy of errors it seems. He began his day on the wrong foot, when he realized that we had no cereal at all in the house. He refused any supplement to hold him until I was able to get us all ready, but nothing would do. He finally ate his breakfast (a huge bowl of fruity pebbles) at 10:00 a.m.. Everything was normal and running sm00thly again. I picked Dominick up from Preschool, and the first thing that he did was shut his three middle fingers on his left had into the car door. Nothing broken, and we're off to the library for a fun afternoon. At the library, Kambree - secure in her stroller, and Dominick holding my hand, but not five steps from the car (in the middle of the road) Dominick collapses - literally. He starts screaming "owie, owie, owie my leg." I, of course in an attempt to not get run over push Kambree, and drag Dominick to the sidewalk. Dominick is holding his left knee crying that he can't walk - huh? Ten minutes ago he was running like a maniac on the playground, and now he can't walk. Anyway, I proceed to tell him several times to walk it off (mean time several people are walking around us staring). He tries over and over, and it really appears that everytime he steps on his left leg it collapses. He even tried to hop into the library so that we could stay. I didn't know what to do, and started feeling bad for having made him try to walk it off so many times. I carried him back to the car and called the doctor. When we got to the office, Dominick continues (in tears mind you) that he can't walk. So, I carry Kambree, and push Dominick into the office. Now, what four year old do you know has the self control to sit in a stroller in a doctors office waiting area, instead of playing with the toys??? He sat waiting, and then we went back to the room. It was a bit embarrassing explaining to the nurse what was wrong. At this point, I see Dominick pull his legs up and sit Indian style on the table (hummm). I was again skeptical about his injury. So, once again I put him on the ground and told him to walk it off over to the books. After just one step, he collapses on his left leg. I (feeling guilty again) started to accept that we most likely were on our way to get a cast on his leg tonight. Then, she came through the door - a beautiful Doctor. She was the miracle cure. Dominick did not hesitate to do one thing that she asked. As soon as she had checked his joints, she asked Him if he could exercise with her, which he did. Then, out of nowhere, she puts him on the ground and says "can you jump really high?" "Yes, I am so strong" was his reply, and sure enough - he did. Then, proceeded to run and hop on one leg and tell the beautiful doctor how big he was getting. Yep, I do believe that we have a star in the making. To naturally be able to act for that long at four years old - who knew.
For one of only a few times ever, Dominick was also very excited to tell Dad on the phone that his leg was better now, and that we need to go to the library. Dad, enthusiastically agrees. Bad choice!! I won't go into details, except that as soon as we get home, Dominick - not done with errors today shuts his right thumb into the car door! As you can imagine, I can't wait for tomorrow!!!
For one of only a few times ever, Dominick was also very excited to tell Dad on the phone that his leg was better now, and that we need to go to the library. Dad, enthusiastically agrees. Bad choice!! I won't go into details, except that as soon as we get home, Dominick - not done with errors today shuts his right thumb into the car door! As you can imagine, I can't wait for tomorrow!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home