Cowan Christmas 2007
I have to first start by saying that I was more excited for this Christmas than any other I can remember. I was going to be at home with my little family, Santa was sure to come, no traveling and then shipping home gifts, really everything - and then Christmas eve after everything was ready and Aaron and I were off to bed (finally) I started feeling a little lonely (shhhh, I know- can you believe it - if you know me, you can't).
I guess I wasn't as much lonely, because I had my family right with me, but there was a feeling like something was missing. I felt like we should be somewhere (like probably the Gilgen family Christmas party for one). I convinced myself I was being crazy that this was going to be the best Christmas ever. So, come six-something a.m. we were off to the races - literally! The kids raced to the tree faster than we could get up, dressed (Aaron), and turn on the camcorder. It was awesome, and by awesome I mean that it was awesome that so much stuff exploding like a bomb could fit in our front room. After opening gift after gift after gift from our family - so many, I kinda started to feel a little home sick (cringe). Seriously, me home sick? It has just never been known to happen.
Anyway, we could not believe how much our family cares about us and our kids - which is weird, because we do know how much they love us, but it was overwhelming love that we felt. We (Aaron always feels like this, the little sweet-heart) really wanted to be with our families - having brunch with you, taking the kids from house to house to play with cousins, Grandparents, Great grandparents, everyone that we love so much and miss so much. Eating ourselves sick, playing games all night long, watching all of the new movies everyone received, playing in snow (because it alluded us here).
It was a wonderful Christmas at the Cowan house and we just wish we could have been there in person to hug you all and thank you in person for caring so much for us. I wish you could have seen Dominick and Kambree's faces as they opened your thoughtful gifts (and had to take at least 15 minutes playing with or begging to play with it before moving on to the next awesome gift).
We love our families so much and hope we can spend more holidays with you (and on that note our door is always open to you here as well - even if it is a bit cozy in our place :).
Here is Kambree's big (so big you can see she had to bring some furniture down to her level so she could play with it) Doll house that Grandma and Grandpa Roundy gave her. Immediately, any princess or doll she had went directly in their new house - it is awesome, thank you.


Aunt Deedee spoiled our little princess with this Dora toy box (which is greatly appreciated for all the toys they just opened :) and her new Dora backpack, which she actually calls her suitcase to bring on Jet Blue, and a new Dora Baby that went perfectly with her new baby crib. She loves them all so much and we wish so bad you could have seen her face. Thank you!
And Dominick's Pirates of the Carribean Ship set and extra figurines from Aunt Deedee. Dominick has been a pirate for the last two Halloweens, so I think you nailed this one on the head. He loves them so much and he can make a pirate ship out of anything now - seriously anything. Thank you!

I feel bad we don't have pictures of everything that everyone gave to us and the kids - we just didn't take the time to get the pictures (lazy parents). But all of the gift cards, books, cars/dolls, movies, craft materials, candy (I think), clothes and really everything are appreciated so much and we love you all so much.
I am going to have to tell the kids Santa lives in Utah, not the North Pole. They won't believe me anyway, because they know he lives just down the line in New York City at Macy's!
I guess I wasn't as much lonely, because I had my family right with me, but there was a feeling like something was missing. I felt like we should be somewhere (like probably the Gilgen family Christmas party for one). I convinced myself I was being crazy that this was going to be the best Christmas ever. So, come six-something a.m. we were off to the races - literally! The kids raced to the tree faster than we could get up, dressed (Aaron), and turn on the camcorder. It was awesome, and by awesome I mean that it was awesome that so much stuff exploding like a bomb could fit in our front room. After opening gift after gift after gift from our family - so many, I kinda started to feel a little home sick (cringe). Seriously, me home sick? It has just never been known to happen.
Anyway, we could not believe how much our family cares about us and our kids - which is weird, because we do know how much they love us, but it was overwhelming love that we felt. We (Aaron always feels like this, the little sweet-heart) really wanted to be with our families - having brunch with you, taking the kids from house to house to play with cousins, Grandparents, Great grandparents, everyone that we love so much and miss so much. Eating ourselves sick, playing games all night long, watching all of the new movies everyone received, playing in snow (because it alluded us here).
It was a wonderful Christmas at the Cowan house and we just wish we could have been there in person to hug you all and thank you in person for caring so much for us. I wish you could have seen Dominick and Kambree's faces as they opened your thoughtful gifts (and had to take at least 15 minutes playing with or begging to play with it before moving on to the next awesome gift).
We love our families so much and hope we can spend more holidays with you (and on that note our door is always open to you here as well - even if it is a bit cozy in our place :).
Here is Kambree's big (so big you can see she had to bring some furniture down to her level so she could play with it) Doll house that Grandma and Grandpa Roundy gave her. Immediately, any princess or doll she had went directly in their new house - it is awesome, thank you.


Aunt Deedee spoiled our little princess with this Dora toy box (which is greatly appreciated for all the toys they just opened :) and her new Dora backpack, which she actually calls her suitcase to bring on Jet Blue, and a new Dora Baby that went perfectly with her new baby crib. She loves them all so much and we wish so bad you could have seen her face. Thank you!
And Dominick's Pirates of the Carribean Ship set and extra figurines from Aunt Deedee. Dominick has been a pirate for the last two Halloweens, so I think you nailed this one on the head. He loves them so much and he can make a pirate ship out of anything now - seriously anything. Thank you!
I feel bad we don't have pictures of everything that everyone gave to us and the kids - we just didn't take the time to get the pictures (lazy parents). But all of the gift cards, books, cars/dolls, movies, craft materials, candy (I think), clothes and really everything are appreciated so much and we love you all so much. I am going to have to tell the kids Santa lives in Utah, not the North Pole. They won't believe me anyway, because they know he lives just down the line in New York City at Macy's!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home