Sunday, November 25, 2007

New York Aquarium

We picked the perfect and least perfect day possible to go try out the New York Aquarium. Dominick had the day off of school and because it was a cold and rainy day I wanted to take them somewhere to have fun. We wanted to try out a new aquarium because the kids could find their way through the Maritime Aquarium with their eyes shut. Anyway, it was awesome to pull into the parking lot and see it quite empty (which should have been my first warning sign) but I just figured everyone else didn't want to fight crowds - and that's why they didn't come. But, when we were inside and ready to run, I noticed on the map that just about 90% of the aquarium is outside - including a sea lion show. Remember, it was a cold rainy day - so this is obviously why the parking lot was empty and why it was the least perfect day.

I was an idiot and only wore a light jacked (assuming I would be inside) and the kids were not that much better - as if they cared though. It turned out to be really fun and the kids didn't have to wait in line to see anything. I am sure we will be back, but that day will most likely include sun and crowds of people - there's always a trade-off.
Kambree and I were most excited to see the baby Walrus. For some reason Kambree really likes these animals and it was so fun to see the mother and baby interact.
Dominick mostly liked the giant Walrus statue in the background - you know so that he and the other boys in the aquarium could run and jump on it while the girls watched the real ones.
I wish my camera didn't have a delay :(. This was so awesome - Dominick got kissed (well air blown on his cheek) by the sea lion in the show. I wasn't ready, because as the sea lion was making his way around Dominick all of the sudden jumped up and ran down to get some action - totally not like him, but so fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home