First Pet - I Guess
As crazy as it sounds Dominick really wanted to bring in his latest bug and keep him for a pet (because they learned about pets recently). So, I thought I would humor him for a day or two until it got old (or stinky - whichever came first). But, after a day I had to switch his home and must have cut the holes in the aluminum foil a little too long. Dominick was going to say goodnight to his little buddy when he couldn't find him - yea, I know! So, a little creeped out to say the least we go on a bug hunt through the house. I really wanted to get them to bed so I told him we would find it tomorrow (fully intending to find it and throw it out), but he started to cry which is so weird that he got so emotional over this bug, it was kinda sad to see him yet also a little funny. Anyway, we kept looking so he wouldn't cry and soon we found him hiding behind the door (how obvious). Long story short - I explained to Dominick that he (the bug) needs to live in the grass but he would love it if we would visit every day. So, with a few tears we set him free -only now he keeps asking when we are going to the real pet store to buy a pet - this is only the beginning I think!


2 Comments:
This is so cute! I used to hunt for bugs when I was little too. Don't worry, he'll grow out of it. :)
Hi Lauren! I am so glad that you posted on here. I lost you and Aubrey's blog addresses in the trip home, so now would be an awesome time to get them! Hope all is well with you two.
Post a Comment
<< Home