Sad, I Know
I really hope that one post per month does not become habit! I have really wanted to blog about a million things in October, but I can't find time - seriously! I know I cringe when I say that too, because you would have taught (as I did) that having a child start Kindergarten would open up your schedule for all of your extra little projects - like blogging. But, not so - oh was I rudely awaken (and so was Dominick) when we realized that homework (and for me volunteering too) are hard. Really, I kinda think these poor kids deserve a break after sitting (literally) in class "learning" for over 6 hours with a couple of 15 minute breaks. Nope, they have to come home, unwind for like 45 minutes and start homework.
Homework I am realizing is hard for parent and child - you see it takes all the power I have not to just cut the stupid squares out for him since he is hysterical over the fact that he cut into one and the teacher told him not to. Yes, as weird as it seems coloring, cutting, writing your ABC's and gluing are all a little difficult when a "star" or "happy face" stamp on your sheet are at stake. I want to so bad, but just can't bring myself to cheat for my Kindergartner - I mean how will he even be able to function in life if he never gets the basics of cutting down? He will just have to settle for a star from Mom!
Anyway, we did have an awesome trip to Utah in October to see my brother Andrew and Aaron's sister Ashley get married (not to each other - ewe). It was crazy and fun to have two weddings in one week - and the most fun to just spend time with family! We miss them all so much and it really gets harder each time for us to leave (mostly the kids :))! In fact, Dominick wants to go back so bad, and we must sound like broken records about saving our pennies, because we made a "penny jar" (as homework - go figure) and Dominick said he was going to go on a hunt to find money and save it. I was so proud and said excitedly "and guess what you get to do when you save all your pennies?" Of course I was implying the classic "go buy a toy" scenario, but Dominick even more excitedly responded "fly on Jet Blue to Grandma's house!" Yep, I think we will be back!
I don't feel like writing much more, so I will post as many pictures as I can manage tonight and fill in the blanks as I go!
Homework I am realizing is hard for parent and child - you see it takes all the power I have not to just cut the stupid squares out for him since he is hysterical over the fact that he cut into one and the teacher told him not to. Yes, as weird as it seems coloring, cutting, writing your ABC's and gluing are all a little difficult when a "star" or "happy face" stamp on your sheet are at stake. I want to so bad, but just can't bring myself to cheat for my Kindergartner - I mean how will he even be able to function in life if he never gets the basics of cutting down? He will just have to settle for a star from Mom!
Anyway, we did have an awesome trip to Utah in October to see my brother Andrew and Aaron's sister Ashley get married (not to each other - ewe). It was crazy and fun to have two weddings in one week - and the most fun to just spend time with family! We miss them all so much and it really gets harder each time for us to leave (mostly the kids :))! In fact, Dominick wants to go back so bad, and we must sound like broken records about saving our pennies, because we made a "penny jar" (as homework - go figure) and Dominick said he was going to go on a hunt to find money and save it. I was so proud and said excitedly "and guess what you get to do when you save all your pennies?" Of course I was implying the classic "go buy a toy" scenario, but Dominick even more excitedly responded "fly on Jet Blue to Grandma's house!" Yep, I think we will be back!
I don't feel like writing much more, so I will post as many pictures as I can manage tonight and fill in the blanks as I go!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home