Monday, June 04, 2007

The Big Soccer League (or something)

So, this is a classic example of getting what you pay for. Or, as Aaron like so say "not getting what you pay for." We signed Dominick up for this soccer league as they called it where it describes little players learning the basics of soccer and playing small sided games. This was not the case - ever. You can only imagine how I have been fuming every Saturday for an hour of practice where 20 minutes are used for warm-up/stretching 20 minutes of aimless dribbling (no cones or goals to dribble to, around or at) and 20 minutes of pointless games - most of which actually didn't involve the soccer ball or had them holding the soccer ball in their hands (I'd like to know what fundamental that is)??? Oh, and I forgot to mention the 12 water breaks in between - seriously Dominick was out of water half way through most of the time. Anyway, it was a learning experience and now we know that if we want something done right to either do it ourselves or pay a ridiculous amount of money to someone else to do it (besides the city)!




I really must say though that Dominick was always so happy to go and had the best time while he was there (obviously he doesn't know what he is missing yet) :) :). Also, I hope you noticed that he is by far the best dressed out there. He went crazy when I took him to the soccer store to get his gear and it is obvious what his favorite color is (they were out of his size in the blue cleats, his first choice)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home