Catch up Time
I have not been able to blog for a while, because last week was spring break for Dominick - which means no break for Mom. When the kids would finally go to bed, that is when I would frantically clean up the house and prepare for the tornado coming in the morning. The week started with a real natural disaster one neighborhood down from us. We had a big "nor-easter" (which I am guessing just means a big storm on the east coast) which brought rains, and of course the floods. It was crazy to watch the river in back of our house. The kids were upset, until it stopped raining and I let them go play outside.
The two of them (mostly Dominick) were so enamoured with the worms. Dominick was really excited about touching them and watching them squirm. He eventually did get brave enough to pick them up, I just don't have those pictures downloaded yet. Kambree was content just to look!
Kambree was thrilled about the flowers coming out to nod at us. Really she was most excited about wearing her rain boots and finding puddles to splash in. It was a real nightmare to get her inside that afternoon, and an even bigger challenge to take her boots off for bed. More than a week later she still wants to wear her rain boots outside and find puddles to splash in.
Here he is - so happy about his discovery.
I wish I would have taken a before picture, but this is not even at it's highest. Those trees are normally not under water, and the water did come up past that little bird bath as well.
The little waterfall is all but gone here, and you can see that the water is already over the top of the island. It rose even more which is so crazy because the river usually flows 4-5 feet below the island.
The two of them (mostly Dominick) were so enamoured with the worms. Dominick was really excited about touching them and watching them squirm. He eventually did get brave enough to pick them up, I just don't have those pictures downloaded yet. Kambree was content just to look!
Kambree was thrilled about the flowers coming out to nod at us. Really she was most excited about wearing her rain boots and finding puddles to splash in. It was a real nightmare to get her inside that afternoon, and an even bigger challenge to take her boots off for bed. More than a week later she still wants to wear her rain boots outside and find puddles to splash in.
Here he is - so happy about his discovery.
I wish I would have taken a before picture, but this is not even at it's highest. Those trees are normally not under water, and the water did come up past that little bird bath as well.
The little waterfall is all but gone here, and you can see that the water is already over the top of the island. It rose even more which is so crazy because the river usually flows 4-5 feet below the island.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home