Few more pictures
Yay, Aaron is home and blogged! I just want to add a couple of my favorite pictures. The NAM is amazing (as Aaron said)!

This last week Everett got really sick and ended up in the ER on Friday morning. He is fine, but the hospital staff was a little scared of the device (only because they have never seen one before). They asked us to take it out. After we came home from the hospital, he was sleeping in the car seat and I was so shocked at how great his lips and nose looked. I only take the NAM out at night to quickly clean it and put it back in, so I really don't pay much attention every time. So, when I saw him I was thrilled and wanted to show you all how great he is looking.
Also, his surgery is scheduled!!! April 1 is the surgery date (seriously - it's not a joke). Our biggest chore now is to make sure he stays healthy until then.
Kinda funny too, a couple weeks ago the weather was in the 50's for a few days and so all the neighborhood kids were out and about (including us). I was excited to take Everett out for his first walks. All the kids were excited also to see the new baby - until....they saw that huge ball in his nose, oh and then realized the NAM was not actually his lip.
Most of them are early junior high age and know others with a cleft lip and palate, but there was this poor little second grade girl who was pretty scared. She stared at his lips the whole time with a look of horror. It was actually fun to answer all their questions (which were pretty funny too, "can he breath?"). All in all it was good for me to see kids reactions and to show them that he is just a normal baby. And we couldn't love him more!
Kambree actually told the orthodontist the other day when he was adjusting the NAM to not fix his lips because she likes him best like this (without the NAM).
Anyway, I am trying to stay above water still but getting better everyday. Thank you thank you Jeannine for the advice about the White Noise Machine - life saver, seriously! Even though he can't hear really clearly, it completely masks the big noises (like running feet on wood floor, screaming, and doorbells too)!


This last week Everett got really sick and ended up in the ER on Friday morning. He is fine, but the hospital staff was a little scared of the device (only because they have never seen one before). They asked us to take it out. After we came home from the hospital, he was sleeping in the car seat and I was so shocked at how great his lips and nose looked. I only take the NAM out at night to quickly clean it and put it back in, so I really don't pay much attention every time. So, when I saw him I was thrilled and wanted to show you all how great he is looking.
Also, his surgery is scheduled!!! April 1 is the surgery date (seriously - it's not a joke). Our biggest chore now is to make sure he stays healthy until then.
Kinda funny too, a couple weeks ago the weather was in the 50's for a few days and so all the neighborhood kids were out and about (including us). I was excited to take Everett out for his first walks. All the kids were excited also to see the new baby - until....they saw that huge ball in his nose, oh and then realized the NAM was not actually his lip.
Most of them are early junior high age and know others with a cleft lip and palate, but there was this poor little second grade girl who was pretty scared. She stared at his lips the whole time with a look of horror. It was actually fun to answer all their questions (which were pretty funny too, "can he breath?"). All in all it was good for me to see kids reactions and to show them that he is just a normal baby. And we couldn't love him more!
Kambree actually told the orthodontist the other day when he was adjusting the NAM to not fix his lips because she likes him best like this (without the NAM).
Anyway, I am trying to stay above water still but getting better everyday. Thank you thank you Jeannine for the advice about the White Noise Machine - life saver, seriously! Even though he can't hear really clearly, it completely masks the big noises (like running feet on wood floor, screaming, and doorbells too)!



4 Comments:
Oh my gosh! He is getting so big! I seriously want to hold him so bad! I can't wait to see you guys! Your family pictures turned out great, ha, we still have never gotten any family pictures of us....hopefully we will soon.
that pic of Dominick reading to Everett is priceless!
We love you all so much and are amazed at how wonderful Everett NAM device is working. Dominick reading to him is just precious. I love Aaron and your comments. I think I'm fixated or something. Everytime I turn on my computer here at home, my fingers naturally engage the internet and then check my childrens' blogspots. Thanks for updating. You don't need to worry about it for awhile, I just enjoy revisiting and never get tired of looking at all of the pictures and re-reading the fun things. Thanks again for doing it with your very very busy schedules! I love you all dearly!
Grandma Roundy
p.s. Oh my heck! I am actually getting this to work. This is about the bu-gillionth time I've tried to add a comment to one of my children's spots and I think I finally figured it out!
Your beautiful children are darling. I will be praying for your little one to be healthy for surgery. Good luck. Kappy
Post a Comment
<< Home