Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Homecoming!!!

Grandma Roundy is happy to see Everett at home too! She came a week early and helped me get everything ready. There is nothing like having your Mom to take care of everything.
Grandpa Cowan was instrumental in keeping Dominick and Kambree on schedule and happy at home. He was able to see and hold Everett several times and just before his discharge help Aaron give him a beautiful blessing
How many Cowans does it take to feed a baby?
Nothing like Chicago weather to welcome you to cold hard reality (this is looking at the glass as half full - not incorporating windchill!)
Big Brother is Happy!
Everett makes Kambree giggle with glee.

Well, Everett came home last night! He picked a heckuva night too. Chicago got dumped on (probably near 6 inches of snow) during rush hour making the roads a complete disaster. My dad was flying out and it took nearly 3.5 hours to go from the hospital to the airport (only a 24 mile drive).

We are happy to report, however, that we made it home safe and sound. It did require a diversion that saw both Kambree and Dominick peeing off the side of Lake Shore Drive at the steps of Soldier Field and Monica needing a stop over at the Grant Park Best Western to pump. That was extra special since the restroom plug wouldn't work she had to do her business in the lobby of the hotel with the help of one of Everett's blankets.

Dominick and Kambree have loved having Everett around. It is funny to see the different reactions of the kids. They are so excited to have him and frequently ask to hold him - after washing hands of course. Kambree is funny because she will hold him for 30 seconds, which includes non-stop kisses on the cheek and forehead, and abruptly end by stating, "Dad, I'm done."

Dominick is great with him too. He can hold Everett longer than Kambree and doesn't give him the spit baths that Kambree does. Dominick is less fond of Everett's lip. Dominick has told us multiple times that he wants Everett's lip fixed to look like his. He also asked if he was born with a lip like Everett. Monica had a great response. She told Dominick that he didn't have a lip like Everett, but that he was special too because he was born with webbed toes on both feet. As soon as Monica finished the sentence our precocious little Kambree eagerly asked what she was born with that made her special. My first response would have been her uncanny ability to force her family to live in a musical (she sings endlessly and many times the songs are simply based on her singing about everything she is looking at). Monica is less impulsive than me and a lot wiser so she told Kambree how her lip was connected to her gums.

It is amazing how we are all unique in some way, and I am not meaning in the way that those sarcastic faux-inspirational posters refer to it as "You are unique, just like everybody else!" We each do have something that sets us apart and it is a good thing too!

We continue to be helped so much by family, friends, neighbors, and even strangers! Thanks for all that you are doing.

12 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Welcome Home!!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Darleen said...

Congratulations on baby Everett!! I'm so excited that he is here. Tiny baby and so precious. I'm glad to hear that he is doing well. Tell Monica that I will call her after the holidays and get some rest!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger The Dillinghams said...

Hooray! So glad he's home safe and sound. Merry Christmas!

8:06 AM  
Blogger The Gamett Story said...

MONICA!!! I can't believe I am just now reading about Everett's arrival! Congratulations! I bet it feels so good to have him here. It looks like things are going well. He is so beautiful and has the best dark hair. Did all your kids have dark hair? I'm dying to talk to you. Take care, rest, and enjoy the warm indoors:)

8:40 PM  
Blogger P Sparty Levan said...

What exciting, good news! Angela and I have been thinking about you guys often over the past few months. We're glad to hear that everything went well. We're excited for you all. I've really enjoyed having you keep us updated with the postings. Congrats on the addition to your awesome family.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Roll said...

Monica, You have a wonderful family. You will be blessed beyoung measure. Everett is wonderful! He is blessed you have you as parents.

7:13 PM  
Blogger brittneyboucha said...

Congrats Monica! He is going to be so spoiled by everyone. Im glad he is home safe and sound.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hey Aaron & Monica... Aaron this is Jenny Mahler, your psuedo-long-lost sister. :) I can't believe you guys have been blogging for years and I didn't know about it! :) I think about you and Brandon all the time hoping you're doing well and wanting to keep in touch... so I'm really glad I found your blog! (Through very random roundabout Facebook, too!)

Anyway, I'm so pleased to see your beautiful family and children and to see how great you're doing! I'm still here in Utah, but have been to Illinois several times, and Naperville is GORGEOUS and such a wonderful town... you guys are very lucky to live there!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello again, and send my love. And especially congratulations on your new addition... what a beautiful blessing!

Keep in touch!
All the best,

Jenny

11:56 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Monica & family,
I am Linda, Jennifer Thomas's Mom. Jen told me about your beautiful new baby, and I just wanted to let you know he is truely a wonderful gift from God. May God continue to Bless you & your family. I will keep each of you in my prayers.

Linda Jenkins
Empire, Alabama

11:27 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations on the new little one! I just read your whole blog so now I'm caught up. I'm so glad things are turning out so well for you! And I'm glad you are blogging. It's nice to catch up once in a while. I'll send you our blog address when I can remember it ;).
Love you!
~ Matt, Rachel (Andrus) and Belen Bryan

4:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Monica--
This is your cousin Michelle (Andrus) Hill! I received your parents Christmas letter and started sneaking around on all of your family blogs! I have wondered about how things were going for you from time to time, and I am glad to get a chance to peek in on you. What a beautiful little family you have :) Also, I am so impressed at your courage and faith in undertaking the blessings and challenges of your newest little one. He is precious! All the best to you and your family this year.

Michelle

PS I have a blog but mine is set to private-- if you want an invite please email me at

shellebelle_30@hotmail.com

I will be happy to send you one--(or anyone else that knows me and wants to peek in on us feel free to drop me a line!)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Us said...

What an adorable little guy. I am so happy he is home. I love you guys so much and I think about you all the time. Keep us updated.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home