Home Sweet Home...
Or so we thought. We are glad to be home, but a little emotional about the last few days with Dominick. Let me just give you the conversation that played out at the dinner table tonight:
Dominick: Mom, when this house is old, then we will just move to a new house by Grandma!
Mom: Well, let's talk to Dad and maybe someday we can.
Dominick: Okay.
Two minutes and one bite later...
Dominick: Mom, is this house old yet (tears starting to swell in his eyes).
This is my question: Are we, as parents ever going to be the good guy? I felt like we were doing him a service of sorts, and now I just feel like I am ripping off my five year old. It was heart wrenching to hear my sweet boy sob on the phone with his Grandma tonight (equally as hard for her I am sure) so I would love to hear any one's ideas out there that have helped their children cope with living so far away from the rest of their family.
Okay, I am sorry about the drama - I actually do have millions of awesome pictures from our trip. I will save those for another day, because I really do need to work on getting back to normal time here!
Dominick: Mom, when this house is old, then we will just move to a new house by Grandma!
Mom: Well, let's talk to Dad and maybe someday we can.
Dominick: Okay.
Two minutes and one bite later...
Dominick: Mom, is this house old yet (tears starting to swell in his eyes).
This is my question: Are we, as parents ever going to be the good guy? I felt like we were doing him a service of sorts, and now I just feel like I am ripping off my five year old. It was heart wrenching to hear my sweet boy sob on the phone with his Grandma tonight (equally as hard for her I am sure) so I would love to hear any one's ideas out there that have helped their children cope with living so far away from the rest of their family.
Okay, I am sorry about the drama - I actually do have millions of awesome pictures from our trip. I will save those for another day, because I really do need to work on getting back to normal time here!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home