Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Last Five Years...

As anyone in my family knows, I have good intentions about just remembering everything that happens in my/our lives. I am quickly forgetting what happened yesterday, and started thinking that if I can't remember yesterday, my kids aren't going to know a lot about their lives in the beginning. So, I love this new (most likely not that new anymore) invention of blogging. I am much better at typing, and I am already checking my e-mail anyway, so this is very convenient. Anyway. I will attempt to simultaniously talk about the news in present and in the past all in the same bloggs - over a period of time, because I still need sleep.

Today, Dominick and Kambree and I went to the beach after preschool because it was 77degrees outside and there is no excuse not to get out in this weather in October. Dominick is finally riding his "big boy" bike. He never had trouble learning to ride it, it was just the fear of tipping over. Luckily, I took Dominick on a play date to the park last week to ride bikes with Simon a friend from church, and after about 15 minutes of hysterically bawling his eyes out, clever little Simon "accidentally" fell off his bike. He made Dominick laugh, and coincidentally think that falling off your bike is funny, therefore the "cool" thing to do. Now, if he falls, it's just the silly bikes fault and we just kick it and get back on. Thank you Simon!!!

Dominick did ride great today, and also played with some friends at the park. He is doing well is school, which is such a blessing, because we left with huge doubts after last year. His teachers have all positive feedback this year, not dismissing his struggle with speech still, but we know for sure that Heavenly Father is/has blessed, and answered many many prayers. He is such an angel, and works so hard. He is the sweetest little boy in the world. I can't imagine life without him. I was just looking back at his baby pictures in the hospital. It is crazy that now he rides a bike! Wow! I feel old. He is the best big brother now too. We were also skeptical about that when he started head butting Kambree upon arrival home from the hospital last year. He talks now of when Kambree is 4 like me that she can come to his class, and ride bikes with him. We'll talk about that later. His funny phrase right now, is "soakin' cool" "soakin' sweet" and "soakin' wierd". Yes, from telling him that he is soaking wet at the beach one day, he now thinks that everything is soakin'. I can't bring myself to correct him - it's too cute still.

Aaron and I just had our 5th anniversary in June. I am still trying to recap as well. It was nice to hit that milestone with my best friend. He unfortunately "lost" his wedding ring shortly after, but yesterday came home and surprised me with a replacement. He just celebrated birthday 28. When I see our actual ages on paper, I don't feel as old. We are so happy, and really really excited about Aaron starting his career!!! Yea, no more internships or school (knock on wood). He works so hard for us, and I am so grateful for him. We miss our family being able to see Dominick and Kambree grow up. I will do better at posting and sending pictures. I kinda feel like I am writing this to someone, I just don't know who.

I haven't said a thing about my little princess. She is just that. If she wants it, she gets it. I'm not quite sure how girls just naturally know how to manipulate, but they do. Dominick had a course in giving in to girls in Indiana with Chloe, so he has actually reacted quite well to her dramatic displays of emotion. He loves her so much, he doesn't mind. She will melt your heart with one smile too. She is so blasted cute!! I cannot get over how cute she is. She is 18 lbs, and kinda tall and kinda short (50%). She can say a few words like mamma (first word!!!), dadda, ball, dog, night night, and sometimes more (which I confuse with mamma really loud, but she is doing the more sign, so I think she is saying it). She is a crazy little climber too. It doesn't help that Dominick shows her how to find and situate the stool to climb just about anywhere in the house. She loves Dora right now, but if Dominick is holding a race car she forgets about any dolls and needs to have Lightning McQueen, whom Dominick usually ends up giving to her, so that she will stop her pouting.

I am so happy and so blessed. I do struggle still with this anxiety, but I am making progress and I know that I can overcome it. I am so tired, so I will write again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home